Telefunken C12 Stereo Set: TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik is proud to offer matched stereo sets of the C12 large diaphragm tube microphone, featuring a custom dual power supply capable of powering both microphones at one time, and a special locking flight case that will carry both sets of microphones, cables, wooden boxes, and the dual power supply.
Stereo microphone techniques are often used for recording classical music and large signal sources like orchestra, choirs, and large chamber groups. They can also effectively be used on drum overheads, acoustic guitars, piano, and percussion.
The TELEFUNKEN C12 Stereo Set will allow versed recording engineers a variety of stereo recording techniques, including X/Y coincidental pairs when utilizing the mics in their cardioid patterns, or A/B spaced pairs while using the mics in either cardioid or omni. The option of a Blumlein pair is also available with both microphones set to figure-8, as well as the traditional M/S (mid/side) technique when using one mic in cardioid and the other in figure-8. The custom M 910S dual-microphone power supply offers nine polar patterns for each microphone making the options of stereo microphone techniques nearly infinite.
Every component in each of the two TELEFUNKEN C12 microphones is hand-selected, allowing as close a match as is possible between each system. Capsules are tuned to each other; transformers and tube are tested for matched gain and frequency response. These sets offer the user the knowledge and comfort that the tools they are using will give identical responses for their most important stereo recording.
Each C12 Stereo Set comes complete with a dual M 910S power supply, two M 810 25’ quad-shielded Somner tube microphone cable, two WB10 wooden microphone boxes, and an FC10S locking flight case.
Telefunken C12 Stereo Set Technical Specifications
- Type: Vacuum Tube Condenser
- Polar Pattern: 9-Pattern Variable including Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±3 dB
- Power Source: External Power Supply
- Capsule: TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik CK12 – Edge Terminated Large Diaphragm
- Tube: TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik 6072A
- Transformer: Haufe T14/1
- Sensitivity: 10 mV/Pa, ±1 dB
- THD at 1kHZ at 1Pa (Amplifier): < 0.25%
- Output Impedance: 200 Ω
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): 130 dB
- S/N Ratio: 85 dBA
- Self Noise (Amplifier): 9 dBA
- Dimensions: 250 mm L x 42.5 mm Dia (each)
- Weight: 567 g (each)
- Included Accessories: 2x Tube Mic Cables, Dual Tube Power Supply, 2x Wooden Boxes, Flight Case